WHAT'S A ZOIA?
The ZOIA is basically a modular synthesizer in pedal form. Instead of being a delay effect or tremolo, the ZOIA provides the modules necessary to build a delay or tremolo from the ground up. But since you're the one building it, you can make it do whatever you want. With the ZOIA you can build your own custom effects, synthesizers, midi controllers, and virtual pedal boards. And to make life a little easier, we've created modules for all your standard guitar effects. So for instance, if you want a phaser, you can just plop down a phaser. You don't have to break out the textbooks to learn that they're built out of all-pass filters. (Of course, if you're a nerd like us, you can use the ZOIA to build them out of all-pass filters).
- 80+ Modules and Growing - ZOIA comes packed with a vast collection of modules to create just about anything you can dream up. With ZOIA the only limit is your imagination!
- Create your own effects, synths, control devices, and more! - Oscillators, LFOs, filters, bit crushers, envelope followers - these are just a handful of the included modules that can be connected in almost any way imaginable. If you can dream it up, you can create it!
- 20+ Ready-Made Effects Modules - Pre-built effects modules such as reverbs, delays, chorus', flangers, overdrives and more.
- Up to 64 Patches - Create and save up to 64 patches that can be easily recalled during live performance.
- Swap and Share Patches - Join the community of ZOIA users on patchstorage.com to try out other users patches, or upload your own awesome creations to share with the world.
- SD Card Included - Load and save patches to/from ZOIA. We're also continuously improving the firmware by adding new modules and features, and fixing bugs. Download the newest firmware from empresseffects.com and load onto the ZOIA with the included SD card.
- OLED Display Screen for Easy Editing - View all of ZOIA's module and parameter information on the high resolution OLED display screen.
- Control Port and MIDI Connectivity - Dedicated control port and MIDI 1/8" in/out jacks allow you to connect a huge range of external devices to control any or all of ZOIA's functions and parameters. 1/8" to MIDI dongles included.
- Built-In Help - Almost like having a built in manual, the dedicated help function will give you quick information at a glance about ZOIA's various modules and options.
- High-Quality Audio - 48kHz sampling, with 24 bit conversion and 32 bit internal processing.
- Low-Noise Signal Path - Features extremely low noise operation with a signal to noise of >105dB
EVER-GROWING LIST OF MODULES
Midi Notes In
Midi CC in
MIDI Clock in
Midi CC out
Midi PC out
Midi Note out
Cport Exp/CV in
Cport CV out
Audio In Switch
Audio Out Switch
All Pass Filter
1 Buffer Delay
Sample and Hold
CV Flip Flop
In SwitchIn Switch takes a selected quantity of CV inputs and allows you to switch between them to a single CV output. You can use this to select between LFOs to a CV source, external CV modules, or use in conjuction with the CV out switch to choose between ADSRs or other CV module chains
Tone Control EQ
Ping Pong Delay
OD & Distortion